T-TRAX ADVANCE has several advantages over similar products from other manufacturers. It features optimized cam angles, spring discs, larger surface area clutch discs and a higher initial torque setting. These all translate to improved corner entry, more precise driving, better corner exit traction as well as quicker response through successive corners. T-TRAX ADVANCE offers superior performance in every way.
Key Features Include:
- 2 Way or 1.5Way- 1.5 WAY The differential provides more lock during acceleration and less so during deceleration. During braking, this allows for a more natural feel to the handling. 2 WAY The differential provides a strong lock both on acceleration and deceleration. This is especially good for drifting, allowing you greater control of the car with the accelerator.
- Advance Disk – More quieter and improved transmission efficiency with Tomeis ” ADVANCE DISC”. The friction quality changed with the new surface finish. Smoother operations and more stable behavioral changes with either being ON or OFF the throttle. There is no loud LSD crackling sounds and therfore making it more comfortable for the daily street driven car.
- Largest Surface Area Possible – The bulk clutch which makes the torque of the engine transmit efficiently is the main benefit for the LSD role in order to correspond with engine tuning. The T-TRAX ADVANCE are clearly unmatched by any other maker. The bulk clutch which makes the torque of the engine transmit efficiently is the main benefit for the LSD role in order to correspond with engine tuning.
- Largest Torque Maker in the Industry – In order in increase the amount of friction discs possible, the T-Trax models adopted the use of the coil spring disc. This helped with the more compact design and increasing the overall initial torque possible in mechanical LSD. In addition this unique design spring disc shows with continuous severe driving conditions, this has outlasted any previous designs with T-Trax unsurpassed durability.
- Models that Work on Factory Side Flange – Previously all car models required the exchange of both the side flanges when upgrading the LSD unit. But with T-TRAX ADVANCE it is now possible to use the original factory side flange. Of course there is no decrease in quality, efficiency or performance but it helps with bring down the costs of upgrading your diff. (with the exception of some models the side flanges still have to be exchanged on certain models). Our aim was to increase performance while trying to give the end user best value for money.
- Highly Durable Diff Case – Extreme driving as well as high initial torque puts additional loads and stresses on the LSD case. This can sometimes cause warping, leading to reduced performance. However, this LSD case has been designed to withstand this with ease and prevents this from happening.
- Complete Kit – T-TRAX ADVANCE kit comes with everything required for each application. T-TRAX special diff oil, carrier cover gaskets, bearings and oil seals are included which are required when upgrading the diff for the majority of the Nissan line-up.
LSD units tend to have a chattering sound when it operates. This is completely normal and doesn’t mean that there is a problem. Technical Trax LSD units are vehicle specific and should only be used for the model specified. The kit comes with 2 liters of “TOMEI hypoid gear LSD oil” in the kit (GL-5 80W-90) and must be used with the Tomei Technical Trax LSD unit. When using another brand or grade oil you may experience a louder chattering sound from the LSD unit and can increase wearing thus reducing the life span of the LSD unit. Oils with higher viscosity and higher pressure type lubricants may increase the chance for the LSD chattering noise to increase. If you want to stop the chattering noise after using aftermarket oil you can try these methods:
- To completely change the oil to the Tomei Technical Trax oil after flushing it completely.
- If the noise is still present you will have to dismantle the LSD unit and wash & clean each surface area of all internals before reassembling the unit and applying the Tomei Technical Trax Oil. Once the LSD unit is reassembled it is required to reset the initial torque for the LSD unit. After about 5 kilometers of running the unit in you will need to adjust the units settings. The value of the initial torques setting can vary after the testing has ended as it depends on upon the vehicles condition of traveling and the type of oil used. If necessary you may need to re-adjust.
- 2 Litres of Low Friction High Grade Oil
- Any Hardware Needed for Install